Willy Naessens Swimmingpools attaches importance to your privacy. We want to process your personal data in a legal, correct and transparent manner. Do you want to know how we at Willy Naessens Swimmingpools use and protect your personal data? Then be sure to read this privacy statement. We explain what personal data we collect and process from you as a natural person, why and for how long we do this, and how you have control over this.
Please take a moment to review our privacy statement, together with our general terms and conditions and any other conditions that may apply to our services and products.
Our privacy statement complies with the requirements imposed by the European Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation).
This privacy statement applies to the processing, in particular the collection, management and use, of your personal data as a natural person by Willy Naessens Swimmingpools (hereinafter referred to as “Willy Naessens Swimmingpools”).
All personal data are managed by NV Willy Naessens Swimmingpools, Kortrijksestraat 66, 9790 Wortegem-Petegem. These data may be forwarded within the entities belonging to the Willy Naessens Group.
What data are processed?
Meant by personal data here is all information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person. This is the information that you yourself have given us, which we attribute to you for the use of our products and/or services, which we obtain through the use of our products and/or services or data that we have received via third parties.
It relates to data in order to identify you (name, address, customer number, account number, etc.), to contact you (address, telephone or mobile number, fax, email, user name, identification data about the devices you use, etc.) and to be able to serve you properly (which products or services you use, preferences and interests, activity, feedback, etc.).
For what purposes do we process your data?
Personal data are processed for various purposes. However, we ensure that we collect and process only those data that are sufficient, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
We therefore use your personal data:
- To meet our statutory obligations;
- If we have received permission from you for this. You are, of course, free to change your mind at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you can contact us via the standard channels;
- For the execution of an agreement and/or to be able to assess whether a contract or service can be concluded;
- If we have a legitimate interest in doing so (processing for research purposes, dispute management and legal risks, complaint management and after-sales service, exercising and safeguarding our rights, etc.). We also ensure in each case that there is no disruption of the balance between these legitimate interests and the impact on your privacy; and
- For direct marketing. If you do not want any of this, we explain below how you can exercise your right to object.
How do we protect your data?
Internally, at Willy Naessens Swimmingpools, we take the necessary technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data both in our offices and/or via our websites. We have, for example, put in place the necessary firewalls to protect against external access, as well as a rigorous password policy. We ensure that our employees and the people who process your data (“processors”) have only the information they need for the performance of their assignment and that they handle data in a secure and confidential manner.
We cannot, however, be held responsible if, in spite of the measures taken in accordance with applicable legislation, incidents still occur in relation to said processors.
Transfer to third parties?
Willy Naessens Swimmingpools undertakes not to sell, hire out or pass on personal data to third parties or transmit them to companies or persons that are not part of the Willy Naessens Group.
We use an external processor for some aspects of our business operations. This implies, among other things, that we are sometimes forced to temporarily transfer data to an external processor for certain tasks and/or services. You may be assured, however, that if we do so, we will always ensure that your data is handled and managed with the necessary confidentiality, in a secure manner and with proper care.
With regard to the international transfer of personal data, we comply with the level of protection required under the relevanr European regulations.
Personal data may, of course, not be kept any longer than necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. In that respect, the retention period may also vary, depending on the purpose. In any case, Willy Naessens Swimmingpools does not store your personal data any longer than needed to achieve the purposes for which they were collected, or as long as the law obliges us to do so.
Certain data from former customers may be used after termination of the contract when required to recognise former customers e.g. in the context of our legal liability as a contractor and thus, for example, also out of legal, tax or accounting necessity. These archived data are, of course, only accessible to a limited extent.
What are your rights?
If your personal data are processed, you have a number of rights. We have listed these for you below.
- Right of access/inspection
As the data subject, you may request access at any time to the data that we process in relation to you. If you wish to exercise your right of access, you can do so via the channels listed below. In order to exercise your right of access/inspection and to prevent any unauthorised disclosure of your personal data, you must provide us with proof of your identity.
- Right to correction
It may happen that certain data that the Willy Naessens Swimmingpools has saved in relation to you are no longer up to date/correct. You may therefore ask us at any time to correct or complete that personal data, but you must first provide us with proof of your identity as explained further here.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to request that the personal data you have provided to us be transferred to yourself or directly to a third party. We should point out that the applicable privacy legislation provides for a number of restrictions, with the result that this right of portability does not apply to all data.
- Right of opposition
If you are unhappy with the way in which Willy Naessens Swimmingpools processes certain personal data, e.g. in the context of direct marketing or profiling, you may object to this. You should contact us via the usual channels shown below. Your objection will be granted unless there is compelling reason not to do so, e.g. legal obligation or performance of the contract.
- Right to have your data deleted
You not only have the right to have incomplete, incorrect, inappropriate or outdated personal data changed, you also have the right to have them removed.
Please contact the Privacy Department in this regard. Please keep in mind that the applicable privacy legislation provides for a number of exceptions.
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your computer or mobile device when you visit one of our websites or the webshop. These cookies contain information, such as language preference, so that this information does not need to be entered every time you visit the website and/or webshop.
If you want to block cookies, you can do so via your browser settings. Please consult the help page of your browser to find out how to do so.
Willy Naessens Group uses different types of cookies:
- Functional or necessary cookies: these cookies ensure that the websites and/or webshop function properly. These facilitate and personalise your visit and user experience. For example, the shopping cart in the webshop, products on the wish list browser settings, etc.
- Analytical cookies: Using analytical cookies, we collect information on the use of our websites and/or webshop by users with the help of third parties. By measuring and mapping the use of the website and/or webshop, we can improve this and thus optimise its ease of use. For example, the following data are stored: browser features, when and how long you use the website; the pages visited, whether the functionalities are used, etc.
- Social media cookies of third parties: These cookies are placed by the social media websites themselves; these cookies ensure that functions of those websites can be used, e.g. a YouTube video, Google maps, like or share via Facebook or other channels. Please consult the pertinent statements on the websites of these social media channels.
- Marketing cookies: advertising cookies are placed on our websites and/or webshop. We use the information from these cookies to enable us to make the most relevant offers for you. In the case of our webshop, we want to help you by pointing out articles that might be of interest to you. This is done on the basis of your previous visits, your purchasing history and your interests that we know about because we have asked you about them. All this information is combined to give us an idea of your preferences and enable us to adapt the webshop to your needs.
Other websites and social media?
Our websites or social media pages may contain references to websites, channels, social media and/or information from third parties. We wish to point out that we do not control these websites and suchlike. The providers of these websites, channels, social media and/or information may have their own privacy policies. We therefore advise you to obtain information yourself about their privacy policies. Willy Naessens Swimmingpools does not accept any responsibility in this regard.
6) You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (GBA) at the following addresses:
Data protection authority
+32 (0) 2 274 48 00
+32 (0) 2 274 48 35
Who can you contact?
If you have any questions, complaints or comments about our privacy statement or the way in which we process your personal data, including the exercising of your rights, please contact the privacy department of NV WILLY NAESSENS SWIMMINGPOOLS.
You may do so by:
Calling +32 (0)56 55 390 390 and asking for the privacy official
Emailing us at email@example.com
Sending a letter to Willy NAESSENS SWIMMINGPOOLS, Privacy Department, Kortrijksestraat 66, 9790 Wortegem-Petegem
Any request for inspection, correction, deletion, etc. of data must contain a clear statement of what you wish to inspect, correct, delete, etc. Your request must be signed and dated, and contain a copy of the front and back of your identity card. If these conditions are met, Willy Naessens Swimmingpools will deal with your request as soon as possible and will inform you accordingly.
For the sake of completeness, we inform you that if we do not respond to your question or if our answer does not meet the expectations, you have the right at any time to lodge a complaint with the competent government authorities.
Keep abreast of changes
This privacy statement is subject to change at any time. We therefore encourage you to check our privacy statement regularly. The most recent version can be found at www.swimmingpools.be/disclaimer. We will inform you of each important change in the content via the aforementioned link.
Our general terms and conditions and/or the terms and conditions for specific services take precedence over this privacy statement in the event of any inconsistencies.
This version of the privacy statement was last amended on 20 March 2018.
 The Willy Naessens Group is made up of WILLY NAESSENS INDUSTRIEBOUW N.V., with its registered office at at Kortrijksestraat 86, 9790 Wortegem-Petegem, CBE 0471605486, as well as all the companies associated with it and with the Group, including those listed on our website.